Sunday, December 16, 2007

Wordpress

I think I've mentioned before, my challenge of having so many ideas arriving in my head.  If only I could get them up and running as fast as they arrive!

Wordpress could be something that could help though.  You really can install it quite quickly.  The thing that I'm finding takes some time is choosing a suitable template and making the necessary changes to make it mine.   Well, today I installed Wordpress and completed a beta version of the template - all in the hour that my son was napping.  He doesn't nap for long you see and now I need to either get creative with finding time to some of these ideas to life or wait until he goes back to his day mum before I can get some work done again.

Well, I've decided to take the creative route - letting go of the form.  Whatever will be will be.... and hopefully Wordpress will be the answer.

I first came across it as a component of Joomla and I found it clumsy and so I thought that it extended to the standalone version.  Wrong!  It's brilliant, smooth is a word that comes to mind (amongst all the ideas :-).  And SO easy to use.

If I was to come up with an idea and try and roll out a website with my all time favorite CMS, Joomla, then it would take about 3 days of dedicated work.  With Wordpress I can see it taking about 1 day :-)  

Hooray!  3 cheers for Wordpress!  and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

This is maybe not the best place to start this conversation, but I noticed your recommendation on the Business Warriors’ forum re the Attention Age Doctrine Volume 2 e-book. So I downloaded it and have to agree with you: Very interesting. I am now busy trying to figure our how to implement everything. But I just wanted to say thanks again for the tip.

All the best.

Hennie

PS Great blog!

Anonymous said...

A lot in fact. I've met dozens and dozens of wannabe marketers out there who are incredibly smart. They know about all the latest products, who everyone, is and what everyone does. But they aren't making a dime online.
Do you know why? Please log on to : http://www.google-buzz.com/thejvbootcamp/ http://www.google-buzz.com/moneyoffofdebt/ http://www.google-buzz.com/be-a-millionaire/

Anonymous said...

You are so right about WordPress, Indigo Jane. Blogs are so much more powerful and versatile than websites and much, much easier to maintain.

WordPress has got all the bells and whistles anyone could need.

Sarah
WordPress Tutorial

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post. I do have to agree that Wordpress is a very useful tool. I have used it successfully on my dating site SeekingMillionaire.com so now my members are able to share their ideas.